Romania through the eyes of the world
It happens that when you go on vacation in a foreign country, more exotic, people ask you „Where are you?”
The answer comes with pride: „From Romania!”
„Oh, Romania, Ceausescu, Dracula, Nadia Comaneci, Hagi”
These are the main landmarks are then known – known in the world-whole.
I give this article a touch only positive stories and good and beautiful things that represent us abroad. The media is saturated with sad and ugly stories about children with AIDS, beggars, thieves and …… others.
French hypocrisy intrigues me greatly, for example, we have repeatedly condemned the situation of children placed for adoption or children with AIDS, they would like to walk dogs to pretzels in the tail. Paris seemed the dirtiest city in Europe in every respect, but this will tell in another article.
Let us return to our beautiful and rich Romania that we appreciate every little to offer.
How did you feel when you’ve been in conversation with a stranger who spoke so passionately about Nadia Comaneci? Do not increase your heart with pride?
Or when people shout in chorus „Hagi Hagi Hagi”.
Case by case, you and make you feel bad you’re not tuned to football and you do not know the entire Romanian national team component.
The question seems amused: „It is true that in Romania are vampires?”
It comes from the Bram Stoker Dracula and that without regard to historical truth; it presents Vlad as a villain, surrounded by some mythical aura.
Stocker and if he had not written the novel „Dracula” in 1898, Vlad Tepes certainly would have remained unknown to those outside Romania.
Although the novel departs from reality, describing him Vlad Tepes as a mythological character – vampire, it is because of the reputation it enjoys today the Romanian ruler.
Did you know:
• there is no real link between the historical Vlad Dracula (1431-1476) and modern literary myth of the vampire described in detail in the novel by Bram Stoker?
• the sources he used folk legends, historical references and personal experiences to create a complex and fascinating character?
• The direct grandson of Mircea the Old, the father Vlad II Dracul?
• Born in the city of Sighisoara in Transylvania
• mother was part of the nobility, and the daughter of Alexander the Good, he is descended from the dynasty Musatin?
• was first made when he was 20 years Romanian Country?
• do not know the exact location of the tomb? It’s supposed to be the Snagov monastery, but recent examinations have shown that „grave” Impaler contains only a few animal bones and remains of the ruler is not true. It is very possible that the true location of the grave to be on location Comana monastery, founded by Prince.
• was married twice: with a Transylvanian noble and they had two boys (Michael and Vlad) and his cousin Mathias, Szilagyi Ilona which was the third child, I Mihnea the Evil.
Follows and the SF news!!
Did you know that genealogy experts say that Pattinson and Vlad the Impaler are related by the current British royal family. Robert Pattinson, aged 24, is a distant relative of Princes William and Harry, the paternal, probably through the Pickering family who lived in northern England in the early 1500s?
There are several locations where Prince Vlad Dracul name is linked third century (Vlad Tepes), famous sites. For some of them knew, but the rest ….. I had no idea.
1. Snagov Monastery is located on Lake Snagov island (which I already talked a little higher)
2. Bran Castle is often mistaken for permanent residence of the ruler. In 1448, Vlad Tepes is charged by the defense Hunyadi of Transylvania and the northern passes.
3. Poienari city (real residence of the ruler, is also an important part in creating the legend.
4. Targoviste city can also be considered one of his residences, the ruins of the Royal Court),
5. Old Court of Bucharest (the capital’s historical center dominate. Here is the high court remains by Vlad Tepes Dracula (XV), during which the capital is Bucharest Romanian).