Night of Museums 2012
Romania celebrates this year’s „Night of Museums” on May 19, 2012 (approximately 100 museums await visitors in the night), the event has reached its eighth edition.
It is an European event that would be a shame to miss it. 3,000 museums in 42 countries will hold its magnitude. As every year, prepare a special museums: one day exhibitions, concerts, shows, trips, etc..
Most museums in Romania are open to the public, entry is free, starting at 19 until after midnight.
Each part has its own museum visiting program. These hours do not apply to all museums.
More details about European Night of Museums at http://nuitdesmusees.culture.fr
We present some of the museums participating in this event Brasov:
- Hours of development: 18:00 – 24:00
- Free admission
- The objectives to be visited include: the museum’s permanent exhibition, National Gallery and temporary exhibition „Marin Sorescu, painter”
- Between 18:00 and 22:00 there will be demonstrations of student art Popular School of Arts and Crafts „Tiberiu Brediceanu”
- At 19h there will be a dramatic moment Mihail Sebastian, Nameless Star (excerpt)
- between 20:00 and 23:00 there will be video projections of the „We Are the 00’s MADE in EN” now presented by artists Bogdan and Magda Pelmus
- To get an idea more clear, please watch the video below that was made in the previous edition:
2. „Muresenilor House” and „Stefan Baciu House” invites Brasov in music, art and poetry. The public will have the opportunity to visit the permanent exhibitions: „Family History Muresenilor” and „House Music” and the temporary exhibition „Symphony minerals”.
The Museum Stefan Baciu can visit the permanent exhibition „Stefan Baciu – city poet” and the temporary exhibition „From the world gathered and Stefan Baciu data”.
3. Bran Castle
Between the hours 8:00 p.m. to 1:00 Bran Castle awaits visitors.
By far, the most interesting destination to be visited.
I always wondered what it would be the night to visit the castle where Prince Vlad Tepes lived.
Narrow corridors that allow passage of one person shrouded in candlelight is a perfect scenario for a Dracula movie.
You can make a parallel between Night of Museums and the Festival of Light 2012.
It is a project that takes place synchronously in 23 cities in Romania, also on Saturday May 19, 2012, between 21:00 – 00:00. The red candle over 160,000 in the same time in all cities.
In Brasov this event will be held in Central Park „Titulescu” Brasov, Saturday – May 19, 2012, intreorele 21.00 – 24.00.
Is not that sound interesting?
I hope to take advantage of the opportunity to participate in this event, to find a way to enjoy both events.